Two men from Nottingham were jailed on Monday for grooming and sexually abusing vulnerable teenage girls.
Mohammed Saeed Ahmed, 22 pleaded guilty to three charges and Waqas Akhtar, 26 was convicted by a jury at Nottingham Crown Court.
The court heard how both men used social media messaging apps to incite girls as young as 13 to engage in sexual activity with the grown men.
Mr Ahmed was sentenced to three years in prison and handed a restraining order against his victims.
Mr Akhtar, who had to be convicted at trial of numerous counts including penetrative sexual activity with a girl was handed a seven and a half year custodial sentence.
Adrian Amer, prosecuting, said Ahmed made initial contact with one girl through Snapchat, telling her that he was 17. He hounded the victim for nude photos and engaged in sexual activity with her.
When the victim told him he was “disgusting” and to leave her alone, “he became abusive” and sent her “hostile” messages which she showed to the police.
“He threatened to tell the police that she had been making threats towards him,” Mr Amer said.
A second girl said “he would be nice and caring towards her but would be nasty and threatening if she didn’t do what he wanted.”
Victim impact statements from the vulnerable girls, all of whom were in care said they felt “betrayed” by the ordeal which had “destroyed” their lives. One described the experience as the “worst time” of her life.
Det Insp Jamie Hill of Nottinghamshire Police expressed “relief” when speaking after the sentencing hearing: “My staff and Nottinghamshire Police put a massive amount of effort into this case so it is very satisfying to see these men put behind bars but I am also relieved for the victims because ultimately this has been a very harrowing and difficult journey for them.
“I am very pleased with this result because it sends a very clear message to anybody who wants to engage children and exploit these vulnerable people – that police will do anything we can to stop them.”
Another Nottinghamshire man, Hamza Shazad, is due to be sentenced for similar offences on 7 April.