Three jailed for horrifying tube machete attack

Three teenagers who viciously attacked a rival gang member with a machete and a “rambo knife” on a North London train have been jailed for a total of 18 years for their gruesome crime.

In September last year, Jaheim Smith-Williams, Gabriel Burke-Georgiou and an unnamed 15-year-old boy viciously attacked an 18-year-old man on a train shortly after it departed Northumberland Park station in Tottenham, North London.

The victim sustained wounds to his shoulder and head, and has permanently lost his sight in one eye as a result of the attack.

At just after 7.00 pm on September 24th, the teenage boys approached their quarry before launching their brutal “pre-meditated and vicious attack.” Smith-Williams lunged at the victim with at least three stabbing motions, the court heard.

Innocent passengers had to bear witness to the atrocity, and quickly fled the carriage to find safety. The victim was rushed to hospital and survived, but sustained life-changing injuries.


Under Sadiq Khan’s guidance, London has descended into a state of near lawlessness. Last Friday, five thugs were sentenced to a total of 25 years for violent disorder and robbery in the capital city in what was described as a “chaotic, brutal and sustained attack.”

A survey conducted by ComRes shows 62% of Londoners believe the Mayor is not tough enough. Over half of women are dissatisfied with the level of police presence in the city.

Mayoral rival at the coming election, Laurence Fox accused Khan of having “failed” on crime, the murder rate is up by 41%, knife crime up by 28% and street muggings up by a shocking 56%.

“The Mayor has failed the basic test of keeping London safe. In the name of his political correctness, children are dying on our streets, hospitals are filling up with the stabbed and shot,” said the actor-turned-activist.

“I have promised mothers that if their sons are foolish enough to be caught with a knife, they will regret it.”

British Transport Police Detective Constable Nick Barr said: “This was a pre-mediated and vicious attack on-board a busy train which left the victim with life-changing injuries. It was incredibly distressing for witnessing passengers and I would like to thank those witnesses for assisting our investigation and bringing those responsible to justice.”